Quintuplet Dad

This is a blog for Jayson Wilkinson, father to the Wilkinson Quints (as well as Riley and Kaiya).

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Second part (of three) of the Quintathalon!

Finally, we got around to finishing the second part of the quintathalon. Here it is:

Labels: ,

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Our HEB commercial on Vimeo

Update: It looks like they took the commercial down. Not sure why but I guess they didn't want it to be as public as it was.

If it ever comes back, here is where it will probably be:

:30 Wilkinson Testimonial from heb.com on Vimeo.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Snow in Austin!

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Another video

Last August, I got Rachelle the American Idol Karaoke game for the Wii. Apparently, we have been using it enough that the babies have absorbed some of the songs. A few days ago, I was sitting at dinner when I realized that Kyndall was singing the chorus to Stayin Alive. I went and got the camera and this is the result:

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Halloween with the quints - another video

Sunday, October 11, 2009

My travels

Hello, it has been a little while since I have written but a few significant things have happened. First, the sad news. My uncle passed away a few weeks ago from cancer. He was my mom's younger brother and had a great sense of humor. I got to go to the funeral which was nice. Unfortunately, when the doctors first discovered the cancer a year ago, it was already at stage 4 so he was fortunate to have the one year he ended up having. We will all miss him.

The funeral was in Utah and while I was there I saw a lot of cousins that I hadn't seen for a really long time. That was a lot of fun to catch up with many of them. I have somewhere around 30 on my mom's side of the family (not counting their spouses). It is a lot but it still is much smaller than the 52 from Rachelle's mom's side of the family. One of the cooler things I learned was that my cousin Andrea's brother-in-law is the founder and CEO of a company called Skull Candy that makes cool headphones. What was funny about this was that Rachelle had just purchased some Skull Candy headphones but complained that when she used them, she couldn't hear anything but what was playing on her iPod. This was bad for her because she wanted to be able to hear our kids while she was listening to her books. I didn't have that problem so we traded headphones and I discovered that those headphones actually did shut out a lot of the surrounding noise. In fact, on the plane flight to Utah, I didn't even have to turn up the volume to hear my book (I was listening to The Hunger Games which is a great book by the way). Well, I was really excited to hear that it was my cousins brother-in-law that made these great headphones.

Something else I got to do while in Utah was climb to the Y on the mountain near BYU. Despite having gone to BYU, I never actually went to the Y. I always seemed to have something more important to do. That was the also the reason I never went skiing or snowboarding while going to school. Now that I look back, I am sure I missed out on a lot of things because I was just too busy with school. I couldn't have been THAT busy. Anyway, I finally got to do it and it was pretty fun. While there, I stayed with my sister Megan and her husband Alex. They were fun to stay with and it was good to catch up with them a little.

One other thing I should mention is that I finally updated the look of our web site. I took out some of the stuff on it (including the link to my blog) but it still retains most of the information with what I hope is a much better look.

Friday, September 11, 2009

Update on the broken stuff

Just in case anyone was wondering, I thought I would let you know the results of the repairs. Well, the freezer with the broken ice dispenser took a really long time but I eventually was able to get some plastic epoxy and epoxy it in place. The problem was that every time I tried to glue it, I had to wait about 24 hours before I could test it.

The iPod was a bit easier. The 12 dollar battery I ordered came on Tuesday and I followed the instructions, put it in and it worked great. That saved me about 50 dollars I think. Just thought I would give an update in case anyone was curious.

As far as the kids go, it is still pretty much the same but there are some definite advantages to having them be a little bit older. Ryder can buckle himself in (but not out) of the high chair. Rustin can actually climb up the changing table by himself when he needs a diaper change. Kassidy can help pick up and put away clothes. Something else Kassidy does is run give me a (very brief) hug when I get home from work. Kaydence and Kyndall seem to be the ones that actually like to sit on my lap even when Mom is in the house and they can both communicate fairly well verbally. Anyway, there are also some drawbacks to the whole two-year-old thing but I won't go in to those because I hope to some day forget them and I might not if I write them down here.